Friday, May 27, 2011

the morning of... my wedding (and playlist)

I woke up early on the morning of my wedding.  I felt refreshed and relaxed.  I wanted to spend the morning reflecting on our love.  I sat on the floor of my room for a about an hour just with my thoughts.  My mom came in for a while and then one of my bridesmaids on her way to the bathroom.  My parents made a wonderful breakfast and then we were off to set up the ceremony site.

the ceremony site

However, before the day got under way my mom did break in with some news
Mom, "B, I have something to tell you, and I don't want you to freak out.  Everything will be ok, and taken care of."  *insert me freaking out by this comment* "There was a water main break at the mall, and I don't know if Merl Norman was flooded or not, most shops are."  I was suppose to get my make up done there.  Makeup, kind of a big deal to me on my wedding.  But it did work out

Here are a few of the happenings of the morning of the wedding:
  • salon flooded, but our part was ok
  • mom left the keys to the car in the door- all of the wedding stuff was in this car
  • my baby cousin was almost run over by a car as she ran across a road (I have never run so fast in my life!  I was the only one who saw this, and truly thought she was about to die- she was horrified as well. poor flower girl)
  • decorated the ceremony site and the reception area
  • went over on my makeup appointment
  • late for my hair
  • late for pictures
  • and a great playlist for all festivities

My playlist was deleted when I got a new computer (I am very upset about the awesome playlists I had made)  Here is most of it- and a few new songs too.  Now, in no particular order...
  1. I do- Colbie Caillat
  2. Marry Me- Train
  3. On A Night Like This- Dave Barnes  (our first dance song)
  4. Bigger than Us- Andy Davis
  5. Until You Got Love- Jon McLaughlin
  6. The Best is Yet to Come- Michael Buble
  7. I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
  8. Your Song- Moulin Rouge (Who did the original?)
  9. I have and I always will Dave Barnes (our second choice for 1st song)
  10. I'm sticking with you- Velvet Underground
  11. You Picked me- A Fine Frenzy
  12. Lucky- Jason Mraz Feat. Colbie Caillat
  13. The Luckiest- Ben Folds
  14. Come what May- Moulin Rouge (I like this version the best)
  15. I'm your man- Michael Buble
  16. You are the Best thing- Ray LaMontagne
  17. Crazy Bout Ya- Dave Barnes
  18. Mario Cart Love Song- Sam Hart (So good!)
  19. How sweet it is- Michael Buble
  20. Signed, Sealed Delivered- ??  (temptations?)
  21. Chapel of Love- The Dixie Cups
  22. Say Hey (I love you) Michael Franti
  23. I got a Feeling- Black eyed Peas
  24. Feelings show- Colbie Caillat
  25. What a Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong 

    2 comments:

    1. I really need to do this.
      A wedding day reflection.
      Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! That's very exciting! And what a great way to spend your memorial day???

      ReplyDelete
    2. Loving your playlist! I want a copy. :) Hope your interview went well!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...