Sunday, May 15, 2011

anybody want a teacher

After 6 months of filling out applications anywhere I can find them- I am burnt out. 

Ever since I was in 1st grade I have said that I want to be a teacher.  I spent 100,000 on a degree so that I would be able to do it, and do it well.  I took advantage of every opportunity to network and grow as a professional.  I was the top 5 of my class (we don't have a #1-5, just a general group) and this was based on grades, participation, classroom teaching, and review of peers.  Yet somehow I am worthless to any school system in Indiana or Ohio. 

I am burnt out.  I don't want to fill out more 2 hour questioners for districts there is little information about.  I don't want to be stuck in this town-home with the crazy amount of rent because we have to go month to month.  I don't want to pass up other opportunities for other types of work and end up with nothing.  I don't want my husband to give up this job that pays well and that he likes and end up with nothing.  I don't want him to go through what I am going through just so that I might have a chance at teaching for one year.  I don't want to be a stay home mom- because I don't want to be a mom!  And I don't want to move hours away from my family.

Does anyone want a teacher.  I swear I am freakin' awesome!  k-6 licensed in multiple states!  I have references who love my work!  Please, can I beg?  Is it ok to go to the districts and beg for a position?

I am burnt out, and have no idea how I am going to continue searching.  And to all of my peers who are graduating next week with a job all ready lined up- don't brag, don't run it in, and i kind of hate you at the moment.  Sorry, I am not that good of a person.

Teacher for Hire!  All interested please inquire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...