There are no teaching jobs in my area. Long story, but trust me there are literally none. I have been applying in the neighboring state for several months. My husband and I decided that it was more important for me to have my teaching job than him to have the job he has now- so we would move for my job. However, things are changing. 1) We don't want to move states, I finally let my guard down and got to know people here. We finally have this town figured out, and we kind of like it. 2) He is doing very well at work. He is in sales, and would continue to be in sales wherever he is. Sales is a tough one to start in. His pay is 100% commission, and he only gets good hours if he does well. The better he does each month the better his hours are each month (and the more bonuses!). There are no job options that are equal to the pay to work ratio that he is at right now. He is also really good at it, and now starting to like the people he works with.
A few days ago I saw that the school district I was planning on working for (one principal there has been doing everything he can to hire me for a year!) finally posted their openings. It does mean a move. But Hubby reminded me last night that we are counting our chickens before they hatch. The school wants to hire minority teachers, I'm as white as they come (ok, that's not true- I did grow up in an all black community).
At this point we are just at a crossroads. We don't know what our next step should be, or where our goal should be. Do we plan on me subbing for a year here- or moving to have a temporary teaching position? I am a planner and I wish I could have this planned out- I mean we need a place to move to at the end of August and I am not keen on it being with the parents.
It's such a frustrating time to be undereducated and underemployed.