Wednesday, June 8, 2011

nanny days are numbered

I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education.  Then faced the hard facts that there are no teaching jobs where I am.  In fact the moment I graduated a hiring freeze took place and I could not even sub!  So I signed up with Care.com to find a position as a nanny.

I met a wonderful family with a newborn looking for a part time nanny/babysitter.  We seemed like a good match and it would still leave a few days a week for me to sub when the freeze let up.  Well the freeze never let up.  (PS, there has only been one position since).

I have to make a commitment for work next school year.  Here are our options- 1) move to where I am from if a position opens there, and pray Hubby finds work, 2) stay here and sub or 3) decide that teaching is not in my stars

I refuse to give up.  I want to give up, don't get me wrong.  This has been a long, tiring, and hopeless jounry that has resulted in not finding work.  But I have wanted this since I was 6.  So I told the family that I would be leaving them in Mid August.  It will be challenging for us all.  I have a lot of mixed emotions about it- but I needed to make my commitment to teaching to keep on trying for work.

With all this seriousness I want to leave you with a few pictures of my little monkey that I spend 3 days a week with.  We have been buddies since he was 8 weeks old- he will be 7 months tomorrow.  Wow.

end of feb

end of april

1st of June- Fighting the food (his doc said we need to be more aggressive at feedings

"ok I like it, more"

"can i be done now?"


Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!

4 comments:

  1. I've been in the same situation. Right now I am working part time for my church -- but there are literally NO teaching jobs. They aren't even accepting applications.

    Prayers for you -- and that you decide what is best for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for you and the hubby to find work wherever you end up! There's a big freeze here in AZ too so don't come here FYI, although possibly up north theere may be something?

    But I would almost say that you should move somewhere really cool too, like NYC or Boston ya know? Just for fun too but that's just me hahaha ;)

    Prayers and thoughts with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While not a teacher, I feel the frustration! But that baby...oh...he is...delicious!

    I love working as a babysitter/nanny. It really is the best job and while I am going back to school for a more *permanent* *grown-up* job, I am definitely going to miss hanging out outside with the kiddos.

    Stay cool today!

    Also! I know that my area (north of Boston) is great for teachers right now. A few friends of mine got hired right out of school. Maybe you should come check it out- take a bit of a vacation, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! And will be praying you find work soon =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...