Sunday, July 31, 2011

the next chapter, pt1

today begins the next chapter of our lives for me.  I will be moving back with my parents tonight.  I hadn't put a lot of thought into this step until early this morning.  Hubby needs his sleep so I am waiting to get started on my activities for another hour.  This gave me time to 1) finish my book that I must return today, 2) think/ try to process. 

I want to shout from the rooftops what is going on.  Tell everyone that I am moving home, and talk about this big step.  But I can't.  I still don't know that this is for sure.  I still don't actually have a job.  It's not something that I can say for sure yet- not until I know for sure.  Anticipation for tomorrow's meeting (as I have decided to call it) is building- exponentially. 

Today I am going to finish as many tasks as possible after leaving what has been my first home- my church here.  When hubby returns from work around 6 we will eat pizza, enjoy our last few moments together, then pack up my car with as many things as will fit (the pile is already in the livingroom- taunting me).

photo taken on photobooth- there are tons of things behind that big shelf too
Tears fill my eyes as I realize he won't be there to hold my hand, or help me though this next huge step.  He won't be there for me to return home to and just curl up with.  I am so sorry for you military wives, my heart breaks when he is not near me.  You all may feel free to stop reading, because I realize I am selfish.  In January we had to spend 3 weeks apart, and I wept every night by the 3rd week.  It will only be about 2 weeks that we are apart, but they are some of the biggest two weeks of my life thus far.  In these 2 weeks I will 1)get a teaching contract, 2)sign a lease for our new home 3) set up my classroom for the first time 4) attend tons of meetings and planning things 5) meet the families I will have 6) have my first 4 days with students in class for the school year!  These may seem small, but in my small world they are huge steps for me.

I am so grateful to be able to be at this point.  To be able to be this close to a teaching position, full time- my first full year out of college, and at an awesome district.  And I am grateful that I have family who will take me in, provide for me, and give me all of the love and support i can take- no matter how close are far they are from me.

Today my facebook page is riddled with journeys of people starting the next step of life (marriage, leaving home for a teaching position, going on sabbatical for a year to teach around the world.. etc)  For some reason it is so comforting to know that I am not alone in this, and that we get to take this journey together.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the blog and LOVE the post! so cute and inspirational! if you get the chance to check out my blog i would love to see what you thought of it! your opinions would mean a lot. :)

    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its rough. And no, it doesn't seem silly. My husband is gone on occasion for about a week at a time and I can't stand it. Even though my daughter is there with me I just don't feel like I sleep as well, ya know? And I just miss him. So I get it... good luck! May God Bless your path...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...