Thursday, April 28, 2011

wedding preparations for the royals!

Tomorrow is the big day, but the day after is our big day!  My small group is having a royal wedding watch party on saturday afternoon.  The invitations have gone out... and I forgot to take a picture of them!  Ugh! 

On Tuesday night (when our group meets) we went to Cheesecake factory.  We were excited to all be together as a few have been missing the past couple of weeks.  We also learned that our friend got married!  They eloped over the weekend!  I think it sounds marvelous (I wanted to elope, but no one else thought it was a good idea).  I also passed out the 'wedding invites' and everyone got very excited!  I didn't realize how much we do just through e-mail or facebook.  To get a fancy paper invitation was a big deal! 

I am at work, my camera is at home- so you will have to stop by for other pictures- but I will share some details with you all.

Tea Party Menu
  • variety of tea with honey, sugar, cream
  • pink champagne
  • coffee
  • quiche
  • scones
  • chicken-salad on croissants
  • cucumber sandwiches
  • little cake bites
I will be hosting 11 ladies in their 20s and 1 adorable preschool boy.  For us ladies we know how to have a good time, but the challenge now is to make sure Caleb has a great time!

Ideas of activities
  • Watch the wedding coverage- duh!  
  • Decorate paper crowns 
  • play with my puppy (what little boy doesn't love playing ball with a puppy!)
  • make a king's armor our of foil?
  • have a basket of books to read
Ok- I am short on ideas for the little guy- I have no kids, and thus no kid stuff in my house!  What should we do?

2 comments:

  1. Play doh? Coloring books? Stuff like that will keep him entertained during the wedding coverage. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...