Saturday, February 12, 2011

seasons change, so does love

Remember what warm weather was like? Neither do I.  It's February in the Midwest- which really just means a continuation of snow and ice.  Sometimes life feels like that too.  You can't seem to remember how sweet things were just months ago.  It is easy to get into a rut (no, not just referencing the bedroom here) when life is monotonous and there seems to be no ideas on how to change things up.

Just 7 months after getting married I became worried that we were already in that rough patch.  Alas, I have a solution.

After checking with some of the experts, I learned things that I had already heard before.
1) Make time for just the two of you to be romantic.  Well we don't have kids, or even friends in this new town so this should be easy. However, cuddling on the couch to watch a movie every night for 5 months is not the same as being truly intentional. Date Night is needed.
2) Tell him that you love him... and why.  I thought that I told my hubby that I loved him all the time.  But the truth is, I think it far more often than I voice it.  He likes to be complimented and told that he does something well (who wouldn't!).  It builds him up, which in turn, builds me up too.
3) Mix things up.  Such a hard one to do when you do not have money in the budget to go out!  However, wearing something 'nice' when he walks in the door will lead to lots of love.  In our house it is his job to do the dishes (I know, I am lucky).  One day, I did them instead.  He was so thankful, and I know he appreciated the love.

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, make a move.  Bump up your love for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...