Saturday, February 19, 2011

it was a great day, until you came home...

Yes, it's true I actually thought this last night when my husband finally came home from work.  All month he has been working all the time.  Most days from 9am to 9pm.  With me at home most of the time as I am a part time nanny- this has been tiring.  I never know if I should be making dinner because most often he picks up shifts during the day while he is out at work.  It is grueling to not know when you will be able to do something as simple as have a meal with your husband.  It's not like he's in the military or a truck driver- he works in sales! 

I am going to go ahead and blame it on the pms, but last night was rough.  I was in a funk, and he could tell.  When spending so much time alone it is easy for me to take on the independent role.  It becomes my house, with my rules, and my dog who does what I say.  The schedule is mine.  There is a nasty reoccurring theme here- me, me, me.  When he finally came home he took the king of the castle role.  He did things the way he would, on his schedule, and did not know all of the good behavior the the puppy has learned to know that he does not need watched.  I was simply annoyed.  How sad is that?!  I was so caught up in me, me, me, that I lost track of us, us, us.  My priorities were not in check and I was not giving the respect my king deserved. 

He asked me later in the night if I was upset with him. I told him no.  And truthfully, I wasn't at all.  I was just in a funk.  ((Again- I'm going with PMS))  The important thing that I learned about this evening was how important it is to retain priorities and not lose focus of family. 

Tonight, we are going out to eat.  Our first date in months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...