Tuesday, February 15, 2011

dreams do come true

No, I am not referencing feeling like a princess on Valentine's Day.  But I am referring to an unexpected gift that came yesterday!

My Hubby and I had decided that we would celebrate Valentine's Day on a different day (post the 14th, hit up the sales).  We also decided that whenever we 'celebrate' this commercialized holiday we would not do gifts.  I know he loves me, and I know he wants to give me the world.  I don't believe that the world has to include $$ jewelry.

He called me in the middle of the day while he was at work and told me that he had a surprise that would make me freak out.  He went on and on and was building this up to be something over the top remarkable.  I knew that in my heart there were only two things that could make me flip like this.
1) a spontaneous trip to a place that would need a plane ride
2) a flight in a prop plane or a single engine plane

He asked me not to look at the credit card account so that I would not learn what it was.  This meant that it had to be less than a plan ticket- that crossed out my top two.  I figured it was going to be a book shelf or a fancy restaurant gift card.  (Yes, those are odd but both things I would love.)

He was so excited to give me this gift.  I had not seem him like this!  So he opened his portfolio and I saw this picture


Not only do I get to fly in a Cessna, but I also get to fly the plane myself!!!  This takes my bucket-list and tops it!!  I am so excited!  He got two passes so I can do one and he can fly in the backseat (pending) and if that does not fill my needs then I can do it again- or if I feel like I got my fix, then he can enjoy the lesson and I will just go for a ride.  No matter what I am going for two flights!  I have the next 6 months to decide when we will go.  I am thinking about waiting for the spring colors- if I can hold out that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...