Monday, February 14, 2011

My Green Valentines

I have been planning for weeks on how to make today really special for me and my hubby without spending a dime!  I had it all figured out and only spent 99 cents on lipstick!  I made a cheesy valentine out of my scrap booking paper and was going to put it in his briefcase, kiss a few napkins in his lunch, cut everything I made with a heart cookie cutter, and write a lovey note in lipstick on the mirror for him to see when he woke up.

Unfortunately, none of this happened.  I was up coughing all night- so much so that I had to sleep on the couch so that one of us could get some sleep!  I woke up feeling like death warmed over.  I needed to get up and help him get everything ready for work (make lunch, take care of the dog, etc) but it was a challenge.  His briefcase was left at work, my cookie cutter is missing, and I could barely think of what I could do.

I still feel a little green, but I am determined to not let another holiday come and go with one of us being sick. (ie- Christmas, New Years, Homecoming after a month apart... and that was just in the past month and a half!) 

Here's to hoping that the multitude of meds I have taken will help me get into something nicer than sweats today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...